wrapping up 2008

Happy New Year!!!

Finally, it’s here! I’ve been waiting eagerly for the new year to begin. 2008 saw too many ups and downs. Here’s hoping that 2009 will be an awesome year.

The last few days of my December were pretty busy. It consisted of work, seeing family, and hanging out with friends.

[ Sunday, December 28, 2008 ]

Edison called me up for lunch that morning, and since we both wanted to do some shopping we decided to go to Yorkdale. We had lunch at Moxies; the Open Faced Tuscan Chicken Sandwich and Tandoori Wild Salmon Salad were actually pretty good. I’d recommend it. As far as shopping went, I picked up a cute white Coach handbag at Holts. Otherwise known as the New Penelope Leather Shopper, I think it’s cute and different from the typical Coach design.

[ Monday, December 29, 2008 ]

Somehow, I managed to see a lot of people on Monday. I hung out with Dave at Starbucks during my break at work, and then Georgia & Susie surprised me by showing up unexpectedly. I was practically speechless when I saw them because I wasn’t expecting to see Georgia until Wednesday. And then after work, right before I had to rush off to a family dinner, I ran into George at Chapters.

It was a nice dinner with my parents, aunts, uncles, and my cousin Lisa. I think it’s becoming tradition for our family to get together for dinner once a year, although both Lisa and I think the family should get together more often. We had a good conversation with my uncle Bill about how to be happy. He’s the happy-go-lucky type. I could really learn from him.

[ Tuesday, December 30, 2008 ]

After work on Tuesday, I met up with Omar and we went to his place so that I could finally write on his wall (the wall that he’s actually built for himself). When I was done, we went over to Moxies @ Fairview for dinner. Georgia joined us for dessert later. Then we went back to Omar’s so Georgia could write on his wall. Let’s just say there was a lot of laughing involved :P

[ Wednesday, December 31, 2008 ]

New Years Eve started out with Georgia and Omar picking me up at about noon. First, we went to Pacific Mall so they could buy movies. Georgia ended up with 16 movies and 3 seasons of tv shows; that will definitely keep her entertained in Madrid. Omar, on the other hand, only came home with 5 movies (what a disappointment!), and I with only 3.

Then we went to the BestBuy at Scarborough Town Centre to bring in Georgia’s laptop for repairs. She found out her laptop was recalled and had to be sent in. Considering she was leaving to go back to Madrid on Saturday, that proposed a problem. Long story short, we dropped Omar off and while we drove downtown to meet up with Susie & Dan, I was on the phone holding trying to get through to HP. We were a block away from Eaton Centre when someone finally picked up on the other end, but of course he was the stupidest dude ever. The guy was helpless so Georgia decided to deal with her laptop later.

We met up with Susie & Dan at Eaton Centre. The three of us escorted Georgia on her hunt for souvenirs (to bring back to her friends in Madrid). By the time we were done, it was pretty much time for Susie to catch her bus back to Waterloo. We parted ways, with Georgia and I back uptown at about 4:30pm. Georgia really wanted a hamburger during her stay in Toronto (because apparently in Spain hamburgers are made from pork instead of beef, and they aren’t any good). So she took me to Johnny Anderson’s to pick up burgers. We took them back to her house, and boy were they tasty!

When we were done our burgers, I watched Georgia make her infamous no-bake cheesecake. Then we watched the Accidental Husband just to get some down time. After the movie, we hung out chatting and Georgia showed me all the stuff she was bringing back to Spain with her. It was about 9:00pm when we enjoyed dinner with her family; the food was great, Georgia’s mom is such a good cook. Her parents were so nice!

Georgia’s cousin Joanna came over when we were just about finished eating. She is perhaps the most perky girl I’ve ever met (and I mean that in a good way). After dinner, Georgia’s parents retired and left the three of us to invade the living room. We popped in Yes Man but we ended up not watching it at all. The three girls just sat around and talked. After ringing in the new year, we just relaxed in front of the tv and watched the marathon of “The Girls Next Door”.

It was a quiet but enjoyable night. And that’s how my new year began.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *